Saturday, December 6, 2008

Let's Just Have Fun!

I had a dramatic example the other day of how my attitude shapes my reality. Adam called me after a long absence from my life, well, long to me anyway. I wasn’t expecting that he would call me ever again. We agreed to get together to talk, and I found myself dreading the time. I just knew that it would be hard and that there would be a lot of processing.

I was talking to a friend a few hours before Adam was scheduled to arrive, and he had a great suggestion. “Why don’t you focus upon what you want instead of how hard it’s going to be?”

I started thinking – what do I want? I want to have fun, to laugh, to have a lot of orgasms. As I thought about that, I felt my energy lighten up. I started smiling.

When Adam called, I said to him, “Let’s just have fun, ok?” He agreed.

We still talked about the issues we have, but we did it in a very light-hearted way. We ended up feeling closer than we had in a long time.

I don’t know where it is going with him, but I do know that I want to keep having fun!

No comments: